Sunday, November 5, 2023

From Hobby to Profession: My Journey as a Photographer

  

Author| Laura Dusek


Let me take you on a journey, my journey, from the days when photography was merely a hobby to becoming a professional photographer and a local artist in Spokane, Washington. Today, I'm the proud owner of "Photo Art by Laura Photography," a name that represents my dedication to capturing the beauty of families and landscapes in the Pacific Northwest.

My love for photography started as a simple hobby a little over 15 years ago, it was a natural creative outlet that allowed me to see the world through a different lens. I'd always had an eye for beauty and a deep appreciation for the subtle moments that make life extraordinary. It didn't take long for me to realize that photography was more than a pastime; it was a calling, a passion that I couldn't ignore.

But, like most budding photographers, I had my share of doubts and hesitations. Could I really turn my passion into a full-fledged career? Yet, my determination and unwavering belief in my abilities kept pushing me forward. I enrolled in workshops, attended photography seminars, and invested in the best equipment I could afford. I knew that to succeed, I had to keep learning and growing, and that's precisely what I did. I will tell you that learning never stops. There is always something new to learn and grow as a photographer.

What sets my work apart is my commitment to capturing real and imaginary, heartfelt moments. The best photographs are those that tell a story, evoke emotions, and preserve memories. My family portraits are not just posed snapshots; they're windows into the love, joy, and connection within each family. The smiles, the laughter, and even the occasional tear, all contribute to the beautiful stories that I weave through my lens.





I have a profound love for Spokane and the natural beauty of the Inland Northwest. It's reflected in my landscape photography, which goes beyond mere imagery. My photographs of landscapes are a glimpse into the heart of the Pacific Northwest and beyond, exploring the changing seasons, the majesty of the surrounding mountains, and the serenity of the lakes. I aim to capture the very essence of the region, and it's a theme that resonates with both locals and visitors alike.


As a local artist, I aspire for my work to invoke a significant impact on the community.





I have always been committed to making a positive impact with my photography, and that
commitment extends to partnering with charity events to support a variety of worthy causes. I find immense satisfaction in using my artistic talents for a purpose that goes far beyond creating aesthetically pleasing images. My passion lies in leveraging my work to make a meaningful difference. It’s an endeavor that fills me with a deep sense of fulfillment, as my photographs find a new purpose in contributing to these noble efforts.

Additionally, I've been fortunate to see my work displayed on the walls of local businesses, where it brings not only elegance but also inspiration to the environment. This presence within the community is a source of immense pride for me. Looking ahead, I am enthusiastic about further showcasing my work and reaching an even broader audience, as I aspire to continue making a positive impact through the beauty and emotional depth of my art.

My story is a reminder that pursuing your passion and believing in your abilities can lead to success and fulfillment. My photographs don't just capture moments; they touch the hearts of those who view them. Through my camera lens, I've painted a vivid picture of not only Spokane and the Pacific Northwest but also places that are as near as your backyard. Reminding us of the incredible beauty that surrounds us.

Today, my journey continues, and I'm constantly evolving as an artist. I remain open to new techniques and challenges, ensuring that my work stays fresh and innovative. My story is ongoing, and I hope that it serves as an inspiration to anyone with a passion, urging them to turn their dreams into a beautiful reality.

In Spokane, Washington, I love being a local photographer and artist, and hopefully leaving an indelible mark on the local community. "Photo Art by Laura Photography" contact me to see what’s possible.

Find Me at: www.photoartbylaura.com  or https://www.facebook.com/PortraitsbyPhotoartbyLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment