Saturday, September 25, 2021

 


Hey All.  I know that I said that I would be writing this blog almost daily, ...well I neglected to take into account the access to technology and great Wi fi, and getting to and from locations, plus sleep; haha, what is that, who said I need sleep.  
so let me play catch up.  

This has been so much fun traveling the East coast.  We began this trip in Burlington VT. then we progressed to a really great ski lodge called Bolton Valley Resort, from there we stayed two nights in Stow VT which was a place I could easily call home.  Everything is so relaxed there.  So after our stay in the Green Mountain Inn we have made our way to Portsmouth NH which is the third oldest cities in the country, Buildings from the 17th and 18th century line the streets,  the North Church stands like a grand lady in the center of town.  Prescott Park boasts beautiful gardens and a great view from the docks. We found a really lovely place to stay at the Anchorage Inn soon to be taken over by Comfort INN's but the Prescott Suite was simply, lovely.  I have been very surprised how quickly in retrospect how close all the villages and towns are located to one another.  Cemeteries are practically on every corner.  USA flags are respectfully posted on the graves of Military which was so wonderful to see they were not forgotten,  History is everywhere and it's breathable.  Walking on the streets and standing in or near buildings where major decisions were discussed that changed the fabric of our future as a country was so profound and powerful to me personally. My husband made the comment that our drive is a living museum, which was so spot on.  For the next few days we are staying at a sweet motel called Acadia Pines in Bar Harbor Maine. We even have a small kitchenette that was nice to actually cook bacon and eggs plus drink a decent cup of coffee the way we like it. For the last few days the rain has been coming down in sheets, so I thought I would take a few minutes to get this blog out.  


I have been so blessed on this trip to capture some amazing beauty.  I set out to capture a few covered bridges and find some light houses and a few quaint farms.  I wanted to find images that have been on my professional bucket list for years.  I got that and more!  So with the weather not exactly on my side, I took the time to get some post processing productive time in,  I am so darn excited to share with you my journey in photographic art.  I should be uploading to my gallery in just a few days.  Hear is a teaser. 

As for the food, Let's just say, we have not suffered.  Yes, we had Lobster here in Bar Harbor... so much FUN.  As for the time difference, I think I will try and keep this biological eastern time zone clock going, I get a ton done before anyone is even awake on the west coast.  Well, that's the theory and I'm sticking to it, for now any way.  Time to get back to taking more photos, time is slipping away before we jet back home.  Talk again soon.  


Sample of Photo Art by Laura

Hugs, 

Laura
Photo Art by Laura Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment